Saturday, January 3, 2015

Count your blessings

We always compare our possessions with others'. We see others get good results and we want them too. We see others wearing the trendiest clothes and we which we could get them too.

There are so many things that we wish we could have in the world. And, the undeniable truth is that, someone will always be prettier, someone will always be more handsome, someone will always be smarter. So, there is no point of comparing as you will always find things people have but you don't have. So...why not count your blessings?

If people have things you don't have, you would have things that people don't have too. I was chatting with my friends yesterday and it just suddenly hit me how big a blessing it was to have them by my side. Some people feel bad about not being treated as a "best friend", but it took me a while to realize, it didn't matter. If you have friends to talk to, friends to share with and friends to hang out with, it wouldn't matter if they treated you as a BEST friend. You are a friend and you mean something to them. That's all that matters isn't it?

We too often overlook what we have and stare at what others have.

"The seaweed is always greener, in somebody else's lake"     - The Little Mermaid

Yes, it's a Disney quote, but it does mean a lot to me. It is a reminder that we always think what others have are better than ours and others think that ours' are better than theirs'. Now think about it, if you and your friend exchanged EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION you guys had, how would you feel?

It's easy to say " it'd be pretty good" but it's hard to really think that way when it really happens.

Remember, every one of us is unique and every one of us has something special. We should not count others' blessings but OUR blessings for that is a way towards happiness.

join me on instagram down below!
Instagram

8 comments:

  1. This is right thinking! If we compare ourselves to others are what they have, we are bound to be frustrated. Each of us is special in our own way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We often overlook our own possessions and get jealous of what others have but we don't. We really should appreciate what we have more !

      Delete
  2. Great post. We need to count our blessings and be content with what God has given us. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glory to God! Thank you so much! We indeed have to count our blessings because we are already really lucky! No problem and thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi littlesunshinegirl. I enjoyed your post and agree....we need to count our blessings. A quote that I like and sort of seems fitting for your post is "Bloom where you're planted". To me that says to be content in where you are or what you have. It was a nice surprise to see your comment on my blog the other day. I would like to say welcome and please drop by again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! We sure need to count our blessings because I believe it is a way towards happiness! No problem! I would be visiting when you have new posts! :)

      Delete
  4. Good words to think on and your quote from the Little Mermaid made me smile. She REALLY a thought everyone else had it better off!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did make me smile too! Sometimes Disney gives me much insight haha!

      No problem!

      Delete