Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Tips on improving yourself

As I walk through each day of life, I ask myself the same question - What am I doing?

This might sound a bit weird to you as I seem to have no idea on what I am doing. However, I don’t mean I have no idea on what’s going on. What I meant was “what is the purpose of doing that” or “is this the right thing to do”. Sometimes I get angry over my family members or annoyed because a friend did something which disturbed me a lot. The overwhelming emotions lead me to nowhere but negative thoughts.


 Sometimes, I read books and then suddenly think about “WHY” I am reading this book and what do I want to learn from it. There are so many things that I do which I don’t know my motive behind. There are so many things that I don’t know how to respond to. There are so many problems that I don’t know which thing to tackle first.

Everyday, signifies a new day of opportunities and a new day of problems, to all of us. We laugh, we cry, we smile, we moan. Our days are packed with emotions, fears and anticipation. Sometimes, it is just hard to know WHICH thing we should do first and WHAT response we should be making. I don’t know if it has something to do with my religion, but somehow since October, I began to think more about my ways of coping with things. When someone gets angry about me, do I argue with him/her? When someone is sad, what’s the best thing to say? Am I saying this just to look good?

Sometimes I get the answers but sometimes I don’t. Although questioning myself might not be 100% effective, but I am sure that SOME of the unnecessary arguments has been avoided and I have learned to live a better life. I’ve learned to be kind and be a LITTLE more true, to myself and to everyone around me.

I know this might seem very vague and might not even teach you a valid way of improving yourself, but it is a precious lesson of mine that I really would like to share with all of you.

Before you do anything, ask yourself - why are you doing it? Is it good to anyone? Question yourself more and reflect yourself more. By this, you would be able to improve yourself through constant self-reflection.



Please do check out my instagram down below!
Instagram

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness...I think I am a fly by the seat of my pants person. I do what I have to do and then what I enjoy doing. Like you I think we all second guess ourselves at times and waste way to much time wondering how to appropriately handle situations!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is actually fine, I guess we just all handle situations differently. For me I just like to reflect a little more on myself, but I definitely don't like procrastinating :) May God bless you!

      Delete
  2. I think that is a very good attitude. We are often so ignorant of our motives unless we take the opportunity to really scrutinise them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do agree! I just think that we often do things for ourselves instead of really trying to help. So I guess we should all reflect ourselves a little more!

      Delete